Figure Drawing Fundamentals – Learn to draw video
Part of my fine art tutorial series using the parent title Illustrators Academy, this is Figure Drawing Fundamentals, a course where you will learn the basis of drawing the human figure in charcoal.
This course will teach you the fundamentals of drawing the human form with vine charcoal and compressed charcoal pencils. You will learn how to start with a basic 1-minute gesture sketch, build up the proportions and structure, map the shadows, and ultimately render the human figure.
Course contains nude figures.
The Figure Drawing Fundamentals course is one of the most crucial subjects to learn to draw when delving into art. Most artists find they have to draw humans in many illustrations, but also being able to accurately represent the figure and build up this very complex form will allow to to draw any subject with the same principles.
We start with something very basic, then build it into something very complex. Throughout the duration of this course, I will teach you the secrets in figure drawing fundamentals that allows you to break down the figure into simple forms and lines you can understand and build it back up to the complex human figure all done in charcoal.
Drawing the human figure can be simplified into a repeatable process with predictable outcomes. If you’ve ever wanted to learn to draw, or if you already draw well but want to learn to draw the human form, this is the course for you. This course covers everything you need to know to build up the figure from concept to completion.
What you get with Figure Drawing Fundamentals
- Nearly 5 Hours of Video Instruction
- Drawing Supplies Overview
- How To Sharpen Charcoal Pencils
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Gesture Drawing
- Lesson 3: Structure and Proportions
- Lesson 4: Line Sensitivity and Mapping Shadows
- Lesson 5: Value and Rendering
- Lesson 6: Finishing
- See Nearly Every Pencil Mark
- Accompanying eBook
- Instructor Feedback Upon Request
- Learn Gesture Sketches in Vine Charcoal
- Constructing The Figure in Compressed Charcoal
- Line Sensitivity & Mapping Shadows
- And more.